Heart Attack Chicken
- 6 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 tsp Creole Seasoning
- 2 tbsp minced garlic
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1 stick butter
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup green onions, thinly sliced
- 2 pints whipping (heavy) cream
- 1 (8 oz) package shredded Swiss cheese
- 1/2 cup chopped parsley
- 1/2 cup sherry wine
- 1 small can mushrooms, drained
- salt & cayenne or black pepper to taste
Rub chicken breasts with Creole seasoning and garlic; allow to sit at room temp for 30 minutes. Dredge in flour, then brown in the stick of butter until golden. Remove chicken from pan & set aside. In remaining butter, saute onions & green onions until wilted. Add whipping cream & stir continously until cream is bubbling. Add Swiss cheese & continue stirring until cheese is melted & mixture is smooth. Return chicken to the pot & add parsley, sherry, and mushrooms. Allow chicken to cook on low heat at least 30 minutes before tasting to adjust salt & pepper. After adding seasonings, continue cooking on low heat for about 1 hour or until chicken is tender.
Serve over fettuccine or rice.