Sea Scallops With Spiced Bacon
- 6 tablespoons packed dark brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon curry powder (preferably Madras)
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne
- 14 bacon slices (3/4 lb)
- 14 large sea scallops (1 lb), tough ligament removed from side of each if necessary and scallops halved
Stir together brown sugar, curry powder, and cayenne in a bowl until combined well.
Cook bacon in 2 batches in a 12-inch heavy skillet over moderate heat until some fat has rendered and edges begin to brown but bacon is still flexible, about 2 minutes per batch. Transfer bacon to paper towels to drain and cool.
Preheat broiler and lightly oil top rack of a broiler pan (do not line with foil).
Cut bacon slices in half crosswise. Divide sugar mixture among slices, spreading evenly and lightly pressing to help it adhere. Place 1 scallop half, cut side down, on each slice of sugar-coated bacon, then wrap bacon around scallop and secure with a toothpick. Transfer to oiled rack of a broiler pan.
Broil scallops, bacon side down, 4 to 5 inches from heat, turning over once, until bacon is browned and scallops are opaque, about 6 minutes total. Serve immediately.
You'll also love
- Braised Leeks with Mozzarella & a... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Crab Avacado Salad from Tommy... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Velveeta Tuna and Noodles 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Hungarian Pork Ribs 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Smashed Potatoes with Bacon Salt 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Caldo Miche or Shrimp & Catfish... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Scalloped Corn in Microwave 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Scallops wrapped in Bacon-Baked 0/5 (0 Votes)