Dark Chocolate Cake Pops
This recipe calls for a cake pop maker. Try adding mint extract and garnishing with flaky sea salt for a gourmet twist!
- DRY INGREDIENTS:
- 2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 3/4 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup cocoa
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- WET INGREDIENTS:
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup brewed coffee
- 1 cup milk
- 1/2 cup oil
- 2 teaspoons balsamic vinegar
- 2 teaspoons mint extract (optional)
Preparation time 10mins
Cooking time 90mins
Preheat oven to 350°F.
Combine flour, sugar, cocoa, baking soda, baking powder, and salt in a bowl.
Add in eggs, coffee, milk, oil, vinegar, and mint extract to the flour mixture. Mix well until smooth (should be a little runny).
Pour into cake pop maker. Bake for 1 to 2 minutes or until toothpick comes out dry.
Cool on wire racks.
After the cake balls are cooled, place them in the freezer for about 15 minutes until they get a little more firm. Dip the tip of lollipop stick into the candy coating or chocolate of your choice (Candy Melts from Michael's work well), then stick into the cake balls. Place them back in the freezer for another 15 minutes to set the sticks. Then dip them into the candy coating or chocolate. If you want, you may add sprinkles, nuts, candy or other decorative toppings. Let them dry and they are ready to eat!
You'll also love
- Fattoush: Middle Eastern Pita... 4.4/5 (36 Votes)
- Anne Burrell's Excellent Meatballs 4.1/5 (51 Votes)
- Strawberry Cream Cheese Pastries 4.4/5 (37 Votes)
- Cake Mix Italian Cream Cake 4.4/5 (35 Votes)
- Chocolate Chip Pound Cake 4.5/5 (25 Votes)
- Salted S’mores Truffles 4.5/5 (23 Votes)
- Dark Chocolate Cake with Fresh... 4.4/5 (27 Votes)