Linguine with Carrot Ribbons and Lemon-Ginger Butter
- 4 long slender carrots (about 9 ounces total), peeled
- 1/4 cup(1/2 stick) butter
- 1 tablespoon(packed) finely grated lemon peel
- 1 tablespoon minced peeled fresh ginger
- 2 yellow or orange bell peppers, cut lengthwise into 1/4-inch strips
- 8 ounceslinguine
- 2/3 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 1/2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
Adapted from bonappetit.com
Run vegetable peeler down length of each carrot, shaving into ribbons. Melt butter in heavy large skillet over medium heat. Add lemon peel and ginger; stir 1 minute. Add carrots and bell peppers. Sauté until just tender, about 5 minutes.
Meanwhile, cook pasta in medium pot of boiling salted water until just tender but still firm to bite. Drain, reserving 1/2 cup cooking liquid.
Add pasta, 1/4 cup reserved cooking liquid, cheese, and lemon juice to skillet. Toss until sauce coats pasta, adding more cooking liquid if dry. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Serve.
You'll also love
- Carrot Cake 4.6/5 (20 Votes)
- Crock Pot Lentil Vegetable Barley... 4.3/5 (26 Votes)
- Blackberry Tiramisu 4.6/5 (20 Votes)
- Fresh Broccoli with Homemade Ranch... 4.8/5 (4 Votes)
- Ranchero Macaroni Bake 4.8/5 (4 Votes)
- Roasted Carrots 4.5/5 (25 Votes)
- Breaded lemon chicken 4.8/5 (4 Votes)
- Tuna & Noodles 4.8/5 (4 Votes)