No matter what kind of fish you fancy, it stays super-moist baked in a foil packet. Our stir-together Asian baste adds lots of flavour to subtle fillets.
Nutrients per serving
31 g protein
5.2 g fat
1 g carbohydrates
17 mg calcium
344 mg sodium
- 2 large fish fillets such as sole, catfish or tilapia
- 2 tsp (10 mL) soy sauce
- 1 tsp (5 mL) hot chili-garlic sauce
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) bottled chopped ginger
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) dark sesame oil
- 1 green onion, sliced
Preparation time 8mins
Cooking time 23mins
1. Preheat oven to 450F (230C). Place each piece of fish on a large piece of foil. In a bowl, stir soy with chili-garlic sauce, ginger and sesame oil. Smear over fish. Sprinkle with onion. Bring edges of foil together. Fold over and seal tightly to form a bundle. Place bundles, seam-side up, on a rimmed baking sheet.
2. Bake in centre of preheated oven 15 to 20 min, depending on thickness. If fish is 1/2 in. (1 cm) at its thickest point, begin checking at 8 min. Carefully open foil and insert tip of a sharp knife into centre of fish. If it feels warm it's done. If not, seal tightly and return to oven. Check every 5 min. Transfer fish to plates and pour juices overtop. Super with rice.