Southern Fried Shrimp
cook time--20 minutes
total time--2o minutes
- 3 cups large peeled and deveined shrimp
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1/4 teaspoons pepper
- 1 egg(well beaten)
- 1/2 cup half and half or milk
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup yellow cornmeal
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- oil for frying
Preparation time 20mins
Cooking time 20mins
1. Season shrimp with 1 1/2 teaspoons salt and the pepper;let stand at room temp. for 10-15 minutes.
2. Combine egg,cream,ornmeal,flour,baking powder and remaining salt in small mixing bowl;mix until well blended and smooth.
3. Heat oil in deep fryer to 350.
4. Add batter mixture to shrimp;stir until shrimp are well coated.
5. Drop shrimp in deep hot batches.
6. Fry until light golden brown...about 2-4 minutes.