Zucchini Corn Fritters
- 2 med zucchini, coarsely shredded
- 1 tbs unsalted butter
- 1/2 small onion, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 2 ears corn, kernels cut off
- 1/2 yellow cornmeal
- 1/2 cup all purpose flour
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- Freshly ground pepper
- 3/4 cup buttermilk
- 1 large egg
- Vegetable oil for frying
1. Toss the zucchini with 1/2 teas salt in a bowl and let stand 10 min. Wrap the zucchini in a paper towel and squeeze dry.
2. Meanwhile, heat the butter in a large skillet over medium high heat. Add the onion and garlic and cook, stirring occasionally, until tender crisp about 3 minutes. Set aside.
3, Whisk the cornmeal, flour, baking soda, 3/4 teas salt and 1/4 tsp pepper in a medium bow. Whisk the buttermilk and egg in a large bowl, then stir in the corn onion mix and zucchini. Add the cornmeal mix and stir until combined.
4. Heat about 1/8 in oil in a large skillet over med heat. Working in batches, scoop a scant 1/4 cupfuls of the batter into the oil and use the back of the measuring cup to flatten the scoops. Cook until the fritters are golden brown, 3-4 minutes per side. Drain on paper towels and sprinkle with salt. Serve warm or at room temp. (Can be made up to two hours ahead, reheat in 375 degree oven on a rack set on a baking sheet.
You'll also love
- Pan-Seared Chicken Breasts with... 5/5 (2 Votes)
- Slow Cooker Beef Stew I 5/5 (2 Votes)
- Roasted Carrots 5/5 (2 Votes)
- Mini Pumpkin Bread Loaves 5/5 (2 Votes)
- Pumpkin Mincemeat bars 5/5 (2 Votes)
- Veggies: Roasted Corn with... 5/5 (2 Votes)
- Chicken & Zucchini in Peanut Sauce... 5/5 (2 Votes)
- Pasta with Summer Squash Saute 5/5 (2 Votes)