Pan-Seared Chicken Breasts with Creamy Lemon Sauce
- 1 lemon
- 4 bone-in, skin-on chicken breasts (10-12 oz/300-350 g each)
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) Greek Rub 1 tbsp (15 mL) olive oil
- Orzo and Sauce
- 8 oz (250 g) uncooked orzo
- 6 oz (175 g) fresh baby spinach leaves (about 8 cups/2 L)
- 1 lemon
- 1 can (10 3/4 oz/284 mL) condensed cream of chicken soup
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) Greek Rub
1. Cut lemon into four ¼-in. (6-mm) slices. Loosen skin from chicken by inserting fingertips under skin and gently pushing between skin and meat. Season with rub; place one lemon slice under skin of each breast. Place chicken in Deep Covered Baker; microwave, covered, on HIGH 7-9 minutes. Remove baker from microwave; carefully remove lid. Move center two chicken breasts to ends of baker and move outer chicken breasts to center. Cover; microwave 7-9 minutes or until Digital Pocket Thermometer registers 165ºF (74ºC) and juices run clear.
2. Meanwhile, cook orzo according to package directions in (2-qt./1.9-L) Saucepan. Place spinach into large Stainless Mesh Colander; drain orzo over spinach. Return orzo mixture to Saucepan. For sauce, zest lemon using Microplane® Adjustable Grater to measure ½ tsp (2 mL) zest. Juice lemon to measure 1 tbsp (15 mL) juice. Combine zest, juice, soup and rub in Small Batter Bowl; set aside.
3. Add oil to (12-in./30-cm) Skillet; heat over medium heat 1-3 minutes or until shimmering. Remove chicken from baker, allowing excess juices to drain into baker; carefully remove 2/3 cup (150 mL) of the chicken juices. Add chicken to Skillet; cook 4-6 minutes or until golden brown, turning once. Add reserved chicken juices to batter bowl; mix well. Add ¼ cup (50 mL) of the sauce to orzo mixture in Saucepan; cook over medium heat 2-3 minutes or until heated through. Microwave remaining sauce 2-3 minutes or until hot. Serve chicken with orzo and sauce.
You'll also love
- Slow Cooker Beef Stew I 5/5 (2 Votes)
- Roasted Carrots 5/5 (2 Votes)
- Mini Pumpkin Bread Loaves 5/5 (2 Votes)
- Raspberry Phyllo Tarts 5/5 (2 Votes)
- Walnut Pear Sour Cream Cake 5/5 (2 Votes)
- Easy Sausage Potato Slow Cooker 5/5 (2 Votes)
- Lemon-Apricot Bundt Cake 5/5 (2 Votes)
- Jerk Chicken and Slaw 5/5 (2 Votes)