This is a wonderful summertime dish and serves well as a party dish. It takes a very long time for marinating.
- 16 oz. fresh or frozen peeled and deveined shrimp
- 16 oz. fresh or frozen scallops
- 1 cup lime juice
- 1/2 cup sliced green onions
- 2 4oz. cans diced green chiles, drained
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1-4 tablespoons snipped fresh cilantro or parsley
- 2 tablespoon capers, drained
- Lettuce leaves and thinly sliced red onions
Thaw shrimp & scallops if frozen. Cut any large scallops in half. Cook fish in boiling water 2-3 minutes. Drain and rinse under cool water.
Marinade: Stir together lime juice &1/2 cup water. Pour marinade over seafood in zip lock bag. Chill 8 hours or overnight. Drain fish. In medium bowl combine green onion, chiles, oil, cilantro or parsley, capers, salt and pepper. Stir in fish, cover and chill 2 hours.
To serve line a platter with fancy lettuce leaves and onion slices. Top with seafood.