Mile-High Blueberry Muffins
- 2 Cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 Cup sugar
- 1 1/2 Tsp baking powder
- 1/2 Tsp baking soda
- 1/2 Tsp salt
- 2/3 Cup plain yogurt
- 2 Large eggs
- 2 Tbsp melted unsalted butter
- 2 Tsp grated lemon zest
- 1 Cup fresh or thawed frozen blueberries
- 1/2 Cup whole milk
Make sure the oven rack is in the center position and preheat the oven to 350 degrees
Line a 12-muffin tin with muffin-tin liners
Sift the flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and salt into a medium mixing bowl
Sifting is cool-you can put all the dry ingredients into the sifter at once and then just shake or crank.
In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the yogurt, eggs, butter and lemon zest.
Add the dry ingredients to the yogurt mixture and whisk until just combined, being careful not to overmix.
Using a rubber spatula, gently fold the blueberries into the batter, again being careful not to overmix. Divide the batter evenly among the muffin cups.
Bake in the oven until puffed up and golden brown, about 20-22 minutes.
Using oven mitts or pot holders, remove the muffins from the oven and let cool in the tin for 5 minutes before turning out onto a wire rack.
You'll also love
- Creamy Tomato Tortellini Soup 4.5/5 (871 Votes)
- Cracker Barrel Homemade Chicken &... 4.5/5 (805 Votes)
- Blood Orange Upside Down Cake 4.5/5 (736 Votes)
- Apple Brie Tarts 4.5/5 (310 Votes)
- Samoa Brownies 4.5/5 (287 Votes)
- Strawberry Coconut Chia Seed... 4.5/5 (209 Votes)
- Raspberry Beignets with Vanilla... 4.6/5 (187 Votes)
- Strawberry Sorbet 4.6/5 (141 Votes)