Chicken in Mushroom-Sauternes Sauce
- 8 large chicken breasts without skin or equivalent legs & thighs
- 1 can condensed cream of mushroom soup (10 1/2oz.)
- 1 can sliced mushrooms (3 oz.) or fresh mushrooms sauteed, drained
- 1 envelope onion soup mix or onion mushroom soup mix (Lipton)
- 2/3 cup Sauternes wine or other white wine
- 1 jar pimiento, (2 oz.) optional, drained
Wash chicken and pat dry.
Place in un-greased baking pan 13x9x2 inches
Stir together soup, & dry soup mix, mushrooms and wine.
Spread over chicken pieces. Cover with foil and refrigerate.
Heat oven to 425 degrees.
Bake chicken covered for 30 minutes.
Uncover and bake 20 minutes longer or until tender.
Drain off fat.
Place chicken breasts on warm platter.
Spoon about half of the sauce over the chicken.
Cut pimiento into narrow strips. Arrange on chicken.
Serve remaining sauce with chicken.
Serve with either noodles or rice.