Apple Spice Dump Cake
Apples, cinnamon, nutmeg and walnuts meld together for an amazing flavor in this quick and easy cake recipe. Serve warm with vanilla ice cream.
- 5 large apples, peeled, cored and cut into 1/2-inch slices
- 2 tablespoons apple juice or water
- 1 can (21 ounce) apple pie filling
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
- 1 box (18 1/4 ounce) spice cake mix
- 1 cup pecans or walnuts, chopped
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 5 tablespoons apple juice or water
Preparation time 10mins
Cooking time 65mins
Preheat oven to 350°F.
Add apple slices to an 8-cup glass measure and drizzle with 2 tablespoons apple juice or water. Cover with plastic wrap and microwave on high for about 5 minutes. Stir mixture and microwave another 5 minutes, until apple slices are just tender. Stir the apple pie filling into the sliced apples. Pour the apple mixture evenly into a 13x9x2-inch baking pan.
In a small bowl, mix together cinnamon, nutmeg, allspice and sugar. Sprinkle mixture over apple filling. Pour the dry box of cake mix over the apples. Then scatter the nuts over the top of the cake mix.
Combine butter, maple syrup and apple juice in a microwaveable bowl and cook on high until butter is melted. Stir well to combine ingredients. Drizzle mixture evenly over the top of the cake mix and nuts.
Bake for 45 to 55 minutes or until cake is brown on top and bubbling on the sides.
Serve warm with vanilla ice cream, if desired.
You'll also love
- Portobello Mushroom Burgers 4.3/5 (3 Votes)
- Red-Wine-Poached Pears 4.3/5 (3 Votes)
- Sausage, Peppers and Broccolini... 4.3/5 (3 Votes)
- Mango-Strawberry Smoothie 4.3/5 (3 Votes)
- Mushroom Canapés 4.3/5 (3 Votes)
- Cinnamon Apple Chex Mix 4.3/5 (3 Votes)
- Apples (Cooked) 4.3/5 (3 Votes)
- Butt Kickin' Brownies 4.3/5 (3 Votes)