El Paso Ham
- 3 cups chopped fully-cooked ham
- 2 cups shredded Monterey Jack cheese - (8 oz)
- 1 can tomato sauce - (8 oz)
- 1 can green chili peppers - (4 oz) seeded and chopped
- 1/2 cup finely-chopped onion
- Few drops bottled hot pepper sauce
- Golden corn bread cut in squares
In crockery cooker, combine the chopped ham, cheese, tomato sauce, green chili peppers, onion and bottled hot pepper sauce. Cover; cook the mixture on LOW-heat setting for 2 hours.
To serve, split the hot corn bread squares. Spoon ham mixture onto the bottom half of the corn bread. Cover with corn bread top; spoon more of the ham mixture over.
This recipe yields 6 servings.