Meat Loaf Surprise Meatball
- 1 lb ground beef round
- 3/4 cup Italian style panko crispy bread crumbs
- 1 cup ketchup
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 2 tablespoons grated onion
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 1 egg
- 32 frozen (do not thaw) miniature potato nuggets (from 28-oz bag)
- 1/3 cup packed brown suga
Heat oven to 350°F. Line broiler pan with foil; spray foil with cooking spray.
In large bowl, mix beef, bread crumbs, 1/3 cup of the ketchup, the parsley, onion, salt, pepper and egg. Shape meat mixture into 32 (1 1/4-inch) meatballs, placing 1 potato nugget in center of each. Place meatballs in pan.
Bake 25 to 28 minutes or until thoroughly cooked.
In large serving bowl, mix remaining 2/3 cup ketchup and the brown sugar. Add hot cooked meatballs, tossing to coat completely. Serve immediately