Restaurant Style Salsa
- ■1 can (28 Ounce) Whole Tomatoes With Juice
- ■2 cans (10 Ounce) Rotel (diced Tomatoes And Green Chilies)
- ■1/4 cup Chopped Onion
- ■1 clove Garlic, Minced
- ■1 whole Jalapeno, Quartered And Sliced Thin
- ■1/4 teaspoon Sugar
- ■1/4 teaspoon Salt
- ■1/4 teaspoon Ground Cumin
- ■1/2 cup Cilantro (more To Taste!)
- ■1/2 whole Lime Juice
Note: this is a very large batch. Recommend using a 12-cup food processor, or you can process the ingredients in batches and then mix everything together in a large mixing bowl.
Combine whole tomatoes, Rotel, onion, jalapeno, garlic, sugar, salt, cumin, lime juice, and cilantro in a blender or food processor. Pulse until you get the salsa to the consistency you'd like---I do about 10 to 15 pulses. Test seasonings with a tortilla chip and adjust as needed.
Refrigerate salsa for at least an hour. Serve with tortilla chips or cheese nachos.