AMY GRANT'S GRANDMA GRANT'S BANANA NUT BREAD
- 1 Cup sugar
- 1/2 cup butter (1 stick) softened
- 2 large eggs
- 3 bananas, sliced (2 c.)
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup pecans, chopped
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1/4 tsp. salt
1. Grease 8 1/2" by 4 1/2" metal loaf pan.
2. Cream sugar with butter. Mix in eggs, bananas, flour pecans, baking soda and salt. Pour into prepared pan.
3. Place loaf pan in cold oven. Set oven control to 300 deg. and bake banana bread 1 hour or until toothpick or skewer inserted in center comes out clean.
4. Cool bread in pan 5 minutes on wire rack. Then remove from pan and cool completely, right side up. Makes 1 loaf.