Noodles and cabbage
Cook 1/2 pkg of egg noodles according to pkg directions. Meanwhile, place 1/2 head of cabbage, shredded,and 1 small onion, thinly sliced, one clove garlic crushed, and one pound ground pork (uncooked) in skillet. Salt as desired. Add 3/4 cup water and cover. Cook until cabbage is tender and water is nearly gone. Uncover and cook off water. Drain noodles. Add cabbage and onions. Add 1/2 stick (or more) butter, melted. Toss. Salt to taste. Serve.
I also added some of my red pepper flakes to give it a little heat. Lisa does not add the pork, but I did and found it to be a complete meal. You need to put the pork in uncooked and let it boil with the cabbage. That way the cabbage takes on a little of the flavor and the pork is soft and tender. If you cook it first, the brownness will overpower the dish and not be very good.
You'll also love
- Mango Margarita Pops 5/5 (1 Votes)
- Red-Onion Topped Potatoes 5/5 (1 Votes)
- Corn-Stuffed Pork Chops 5/5 (1 Votes)
- Lemony Orzo with Tuna and... 5/5 (1 Votes)
- Creamy Tomato-Basil Pasta with... 5/5 (1 Votes)
- Chicken Dumpling And Noodle Stoup 5/5 (1 Votes)
- Chicken Noodle Bake 5/5 (1 Votes)
- Pita Pockets, Cabbage Stuffed 5/5 (1 Votes)