Sour Cream Pound Cake
From Sylvia's Family Soul Food Cookbook by Sylvia Woods
- 2 c all-purpose flour
- 1 c self-rising flour
- 1 package vanilla instant pudding (3.4 oz.)
- 2 c unsalted butter (4 sticks), softened
- 3 c sugar
- 6 large eggs
- 1 (5 oz.) can evaporated milk
- 2 (8 oz.) containers sour cream
- 1 T vanilla extract
Preparation time 35mins
Cooking time 140mins
Adapted from ebony.com
1. Preheat oven to 325F. Heavily grease & flour a 10" tube pan.
2. In a med bowl, sift together the flours & pudding mix.
3. In a large bowl, beat the batter w/ an electric mixer for 3 min.
4. Add the sugar & beat for 5 min.
5. Add the eggs, one at a time, then the evaporated milk.
6. Add the sour cream & vanilla & beat until combined.
7. Pour into prepared pan
8. Bake for 1 hour 45 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted into the center of the cake comes out clean.
9. Turn onto a rack & cool.