Strawberry Milkshake Poke Cake
Made with melted ice cream topped with a layer of ice cream pudding and whip cream, make this a delicious combination of cake and ice cream all in one treat, you and the fam will be so happy you did!
- PUDDING MIX:
- Strawberry cake mix
- 3 eggs
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup melted strawberry ice cream
- (If more liquid is needed, add a little water until it is the consistency of cake batter. Each cake mix is different so you may or may not need to add any more liquid)
- 1 small box vanilla instant pudding
- 2 cups melted strawberry ice cream
- Cool Whip
- 1/4 cup melted strawberry ice cream
Preparation time 20mins
Cooking time 45mins
Adapted from pinterest.com
Prepare cake batter by adding in eggs, vegetable oil, and melted ice cream. To melt the ice cream put a heaping scoop in a bowl and microwave it for about 5 seconds, then in 5 second intervals until it is melted without scorching it.
Bake cake according to cooking time on box, depending on the size of your pan.
Let cake cool when done, then poke holes in the cake with the end of a wooden spoon.
To make the pudding, put one box of vanilla instant pudding in a blender. Add 2 cups of melted Strawberry ice cream. Blend about 5 minutes until thick and well blended.
Pour over cooled cake pushing pudding into the holes with the flat part of a spoon. Make sure you get the pudding in all of the holes.
Layer Cool Whip over pudding mixture. Set in refrigerator for 2 hours or freeze before serving. Serve cold.
Serve cold or freeze before serving.