Walnut Raisin Butter Tarts
- 5 cups All-Purpose Flour 1250 mL
- 1/4 cup sugar 60 mL
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, cold and cubed 125 mL
- 1/2 cup ice cold water 125 mL
- 1/4 tspsalt 4 mL
- 2/3 cup unsalted butter, melted 150 mL
- 2 cups light brown sugar 500 mL
- 4 large eggs
- 2 tsp Pure Vanilla Extract 10 mL
- 1/2 cup 10% cream 125 mL
- 1/2 cup Sultana Raisins 125 mL
- 1/2 cup Chopped Walnuts, toasted 125 mL
Preparation time 20mins
Cooking time 40mins
Adapted from compliments.ca
1.In a food processor, blend flour, sugar and salt until combined. Add the butter and blend just until mixture resembles coarse meal. Slowly add the water while blending just until the dough holds together adding more as needed. Turn the dough out onto a floured surface, form into a ball, then flatten into a disk, wrap and refrigerate, at least 1 hour.
2.On a clean floured surface, gently roll out the dough and cut it into 24 x 4" (10 cm) circles. Gently press the dough circles into muffin tins, cover and refrigerate until well chilled.
3.Pre-heat oven to 375°F (190°C). In a bowl combine melted butter and sugar, then add eggs one at a time while whisking. Add vanilla, cream, nuts and raisins and mix to combine. Divide filling evenly between the tart shells.
4.Bake for 15-20 minutes or until pastry is lightly browned and filling is set. Remove tarts from the oven and place on a wire rack to cool. Serve warm, at room temperature or chilled.