Coconut Cream Rice Pudding Parfait
Love this recipe as is but feel free to experiment with different fruit combinations to create more variations of delicious parfaits!
- 3 1/2 cups 2% milk (825 mL)
- 1 cup instant long-grain white rice (250 mL)
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar (125 mL)
- Pinch salt
- 1 cup Egg Creations™ Original, well shaken (250 mL)
- 1 tablespoons vanilla extract (15 mL)
- 3/4 teaspoons coconut extract (4 mL)
- 1 canister Gay Lea® Light Real Whipped (225 g)
- 1/2 cup coconut, toasted and shredded (125 mL)
- 4 bananas, sliced
Preparation time 5mins
Cooking time 15mins
Stir milk with rice, sugar and salt in a medium saucepan over medium-high heat; bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium-low; cook, stirring often, for 6 to 8 minutes or until rice is tender and mixture is thickened. Remove from heat.
Whisk eggs with vanilla and coconut extracts. While constantly whisking the hot mixture, slowly pour the egg mixture into the saucepan until combined. Return to heat; cook for 30 to 60 seconds. Transfer to a bowl and place a piece of waxed paper directly on the surface. Chill completely. Pudding can be made
up to this point and reserved, covered, in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
To assemble parfaits, layer ¼ cup (50 mL) cold rice pudding with toasted coconut, sliced bananas and whipped cream in parfait or straight-sided glasses; repeat layers once. Garnish tops with additional whipped cream and coconut. Serve immediately.
You'll also love
- Pulled Pork Apple Cranberry Tacos 4.5/5 (6 Votes)
- Herb-rubbed Stuffed Chicken Breast... 4.5/5 (6 Votes)
- Red Wine and Mushroom Au Jus 4.1/5 (8 Votes)
- Coconut White Chocolate Chunk... 4.5/5 (6 Votes)
- Mint Chocolate Chip Ice Cream Cake 4.5/5 (6 Votes)
- Valentine's Day Ribbon Jello 4.5/5 (6 Votes)
- Tyler Florence's Pan Roasted... 4.4/5 (16 Votes)
- Strawberry Cheesecake Truffles 4.5/5 (13 Votes)