Lamb Meatball Gyros With Yogurt and Mint
- 1 pound ground lamb
- 1/4 cup golden raisins, chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- kosher salt and pepper
- 1/2 cup bread crumbs
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 1 bunch scallions (white and light green parts), sliced
- 4 pieces flat bread
- 1/2 cup Greek yogurt
- 2 tablespoons fresh mint
Adapted from lickitylist.blogspot.com
1. Place an oven rack in the second-highest position and heat broiler.
2. Combine the lamb, raisins, cinnamon, 1 1/2 teaspoons salt, 1/4 teaspoon pepper, the bread crumbs, egg, and three-quarters of the scallions in a large bowl.
3. Shape the mixture into golf ball-size meatballs and place on a foil-lined baking sheet.
4. Broil, turning once, until cooked through, 6 to 8 minutes total.
5. Divide the flat bread among individual plates and top with the meatballs, yogurt, mint, and the remaining scallions.