Lamb Shank Stew with Veggies & Muscat Wine
The crock-pot does all the hard work ;)...the rest is easy!
- For the crock-pot:
- 2 lamb shanks
- 2 1/2 cups broth
- 1/2 leek (including leaves)
- 1 large garlic clove, crushed
- 1/2 cup sweet onion
- 1 celery stalk, chopped
- 1/2-3/4 cup muscat wine
- For the stew after it cooks in the crock-pot:
- 1 scallion, chopped
- 1/2 can tomato sauce
- 1 tsp crushed bay leaves
- 1 tsp italian seasoning
- 1/2 tsp savory
- 1 tsp parsley
- 2 medium sized carrots
- 3 red potatoes
- a few pinches onion salt
- 1 about 1 cup of the broth (with veggies)
In a large crock pot, pour the 2.5 cups beef broth, half the chopped leeks, crushed garlic clove, half the chopped sweet onion, celery stalk. Place lamb shanks in the crock pot. Top with the seasoning, wine, and the rest of the veggies (sweet onion, celery, leeks). Cook on low for about 8-10 hours.
Allow the shanks to cool after they've cooked. When they're cook, take the meat off the bone and place in a med/large pot. Add about 1-1.5 cups of the broth/juice from the crock pot and all the veggies from the crock pot. Now add the seasonings, tomato sauce, potatoes and carrots (add as many veggies as you want).
Let the stew simmer on low for about 30-40 minutes or until potatoes and carrots are soft.
You'll also love
- Tender Slow-Cooker Mushroom Lamb... 4.1/5 (60 Votes)
- Braised Lamb Shanks with North... 4.5/5 (8 Votes)
- Chickpea Slaw 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Spinach Continental 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Creamy Pork Chops with Dijon/Leek... 4.3/5 (4 Votes)
- Baked Chicken Breasts With... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Egg Salad - Golden Lamb's 1/5 (1 Votes)