Bourbon-Vanilla Bean Eggnog
Bourbon-Vanilla Bean Eggnog, a perfect cocktail for the holiday season with fantastic flavors of vanilla and nutmeg. Yum!
- 4 eggs, separated
- 3/4 cup plus 1 tablespoon sugar
- 3 cups milk
- 3 cups chilled heavy cream, divided
- 3/4 cup (6 ounce) bourbon
- 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg, plus more for garnish
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 vanilla bean, split lengthwise, seeds scraped out, or 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
Adapted from rachaelraymag.com
In a large bowl, vigorously whisk the egg yolks and 1/2 cup sugar until the mixture is very pale, 1 to 2 minutes. Whisk in the milk, 1 cup cream, the bourbon, nutmeg, salt and the vanilla bean and seeds.
In the bowl of a stand mixer, beat the egg whites on medium until soft peaks form. Add 1/4 cup sugar; beat to form stiff peaks. In 2 batches, whisk the whites into the yolk mixture. Cover; refrigerate 4 to 6 hours.
Before serving, in a medium bowl, beat the remaining 2 cups cream and 1 tablespoon sugar until soft peaks form, about 2 minutes. Discard the vanilla bean. Gently whisk the eggnog; ladle into cups. Garnish with whipped cream and nutmeg.
You'll also love
- Peeps Christmas Cupcakes 4.4/5 (11 Votes)
- Split Pea Soup 4.4/5 (11 Votes)
- White Chocolate Cranberry... 4.4/5 (11 Votes)
- Camotes Enmielado - Candied Sweet... 4.4/5 (11 Votes)
- Peking Duck 4.4/5 (11 Votes)
- Chez Nancy Lobster 4.4/5 (11 Votes)
- HCG Diet Cinnamon Almonds 4.4/5 (11 Votes)
- Apple Pie Moonshine 3.9/5 (42 Votes)