Similar to tacoritos but quicker and easier to make. Also tastes good cold. Tried and approved by Sue.
- 1 can (10.75 ounces) condensed cheddar cheese soup
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 package (1 ounce) fajita seasoning mix, divided
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 can (10.75 ounces) condensed golden mushroom soup (I used cream of chicken)
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons crushed dried oregano leaves
- 12 (5- to 6-inch diameter) corn tortillas
- Chopped tomatoes, optional
- Sliced green onions, optional
- Shredded lettuce, optional
- Guacamole, optional
- Sour Cream, optional
Preparation time 15mins
Cooking time 45mins
In medium bowl, stir together cheddar cheese soup, milk and half the fajita seasoning, mixing until mixture is smooth.
In skillet over medium-high heat, cook ground beef, crumbling with fork, until browned. Pour off any fat.
Stir mushroom soup, water, chili powder, oregano and remaining fajita seasoning into ground beef, mixing well. Increase heat and bring mixture to a boil. Reduce heat to low and continue cooking for 5 minutes. Remove skillet from heat.
Place 3 tortillas in bottom of a shallow, 2-quart baking dish, overlapping slightly and covering bottom as much as possible. Spread 1 cup beef mixture over tortillas in dish. Add another layer of 3 tortillas and another cup of beef mixture. Repeat layers with 3 more tortillas and another cup of beef.
Top with remaining tortillas. Spread cheese soup mixture over tortillas.
Bake at 350°F for 30 minutes, or until hot and bubbling. Let stand at room temperature for 10 minutes. Sprinkle with chopped tomatoes,sliced green onions, lettuce, sour cream and guacamole if desired. Serve hot. Mexican Lasagna Recipe yields 6 servings.