CREAMY CHICKEN ENCHILADA BAKE
Recipe Courtesy of Marlene Koch: Eat What You Love Cookbook
Nutritional Information: Calories: 250 Carbs 24g Total Fat 9g Sat Fat4g Protein 21g Fiber 12g Sodium 590mg
- 1 10 ounce can reduced fat, reduced sodium cream of chicken soup
- 1 cup light sour cream
- 1 4 ounce can of diced mild green chilies
- 8 (8 inch) whole wheat, reduced carbohydrate tortilla
- 2 cups cooked and shredded chicken breast
- 1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoons reduced fat cheddar cheese or Mexican Blend
- 2 tablespoons low fat milk
- 1/2 cup diced green onions
1. Preheat oven to 350deg. Spray a 13X9 pan with cooking spray.
2. In a medium bowl, mix together the soup, sour cream and green chilies.
3. Warm the tortillas by wrapping them in a towel and placing the in the microwave at 50 % power for 2 minutes.
4. Place 1 tortilla on a flat surface ( keeping others covered), and spread 2 tablespoons of the soup mixture on the tortilla. Spread 1/4 cup of the chicken over the soup mixture and sprinkle with 1 tablespoon of the cheese. Roll the tortilla around the filling and place in the baking pan with the seam side down. Repeat with remaining all tortillas,
5. Add the milk to the remaining soup mixture and spread over the enchiladas. Sprinkle the remaining cheese and green onions over the top. Cover and Bake for 30 minutes.