Slow Cooker BBQ Chicken
- 4 large skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
- 1 cup ketchup
- 2 tablespoons mustard
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 dashes hot pepper sauce, or to taste [optional]
- 8 sandwich rolls, split
Cooking time 395mins
1. Place the chicken breasts into the bottom of a slow cooker. In a bowl, stir together the ketchup, mustard, lemon juice, garlic powder, maple syrup, Worcestershire sauce, chili powder, cayenne pepper, and hot sauce until the mixture is well blended.
2. Pour the sauce over the chicken, set the cooker to Low, and cook for 6 hours. Shred the chicken with two forks, and cook for 30 more minutes. Serve the chicken and sauce spooned into the sandwich rolls.