Orzo with feta, green beans and tomatoes
- 20 ounces French haricots vert or 20 ounces green beans
- 2 cups orzo pasta, rice-shaped pasta
- 2 medium onion
- 4 cloves garlic
- 6 medium vine-ripened Tomatoes
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 2 cups crumbled feta
1 Fill a 4-quart pot three fourths full with salted water and bring to a boil for beans and orzo.
2 Chop onion and mince garlic.
3 Quarter and seed tomatoes.
4 Cut quarters lengthwise into 1/4-inch-thick slices.
5 Trim beans and cut into 1-inch pieces.
6 In a large skillet cook onion and garlic in oil over moderate heat until onion is softened.
7 Add tomatoes and cook, stirring, until tomatoes are softened, about 2 minutes.
8 Remove skillet from heat.
9 Have ready a bowl of ice and cold water.
10 In boiling salted water blanch beans 1 minute.
11 With a slotted spoon transfer beans to ice water to stop cooking.
12 Drain beans well in a colander and pat dry.
13 Add beans to tomato mixture and return water in pot to a boil.
14 Boil orzo until al dente and drain in colander.
15 Add orzo to bean mixture with vinegar, parsley, feta, and salt and pepper to taste, tossing to combine well.
You'll also love
- Spinach Quiche 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Hungarian Pork Ribs 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Smashed Potatoes with Bacon Salt 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Baked Ziti with Turkey Sausage 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Pasta with Roasted Garlic Sauce 0/5 (0 Votes)
- J. Alexander's Orzo & Wild Rice... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Black Bean Salad w/Avocado,... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Crock Pot Smoked Sausage, Green... 0/5 (0 Votes)