HG’s Nicely Spiced Ramen-Style Soup
In 1 serving (about 1¼ cups): 110 calories, 3g fat, 750mg sodium, 12.5g carbs, 3g fiber, 6g sugars, 7.5g protein
Source people.com - Hungry Girl
- 1 package tofu noodles (recommended: House Foods Tofu Shirataki Spaghetti Shaped Noodle Substitute)
- 2 cups low-sodium chicken broth
- 1/2 cup bagged broccoli cole slaw
- 1 1/2 tbsp. reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1 tbsp. ketchup
- 1 tsp. sugar
- 1 tsp. sesame oil
- 1 tsp. Sriracha sauce
- 1/4 cup fat-free liquid egg substitute or liquid egg whites
- 1/4 cup chopped scallions
- 1 1/2 tsp. fresh lime juice
- Salt and black pepper, optional
1. Use a strainer to rinse and drain noodles. Pat dry.
2. In a large microwave-safe bowl, microwave noodles for 2 minutes. Drain excess liquid, thoroughly pat noodles dry and cut them roughly into whatever size strands you prefer.
3. In a medium pot, combine broth with broccoli cole slaw. Bring to a boil, and then reduce heat to low.
4. Whisk in soy sauce, ketchup, sugar, sesame oil and Sriracha. Slowly whisk in egg substitute/whites. Add noodles, and cook and stir until hot, about 1 minute.
5. Remove from heat. Stir in scallions and lime juice, and add salt and pepper if desired. Enjoy!