Elegant Chocolate Angel Trifle
- 1/3 cup HERSHEY'S Cocoa
- 1 package (16 oz.) angel food cake mix
- 2 envelopes (1.3 oz. each) dry whipped topping mix
- 1 cup cold nonfat milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup strawberry puree*
Adapted from hersheys.com
1. Remove top oven rack; move other rack to lowest position.
2. Sift cocoa over dry cake mix in large bowl; stir to blend. Proceed with mixing cake as directed on package. Bake and cool as directed for 10-inch tube pan. Carefully run knife along side of pan to loosen cake; remove from pan. Using serrated knife, cut cake into sixteen slices.
3. Prepare whipped topping mixes as directed on package, using 1 cup milk and 1 teaspoon vanilla. Fold in strawberry puree.
4. For each serving, cut one cake slice into cubes and layer with about 1/3 cup strawberry mixture in individual dessert dish.** Garnish with strawberries, if desired. Refrigerate until ready to serve. Cover; refrigerate leftover dessert.
*Mash 2 cups sliced fresh strawberries (or frozen berries, thawed) in blender or food processor. Cover; blend until smooth. Puree should measure 1 cup.
**Entire cake can be cut into cubes and layered with strawberry mixture in trifle bowl.
Nutritional Information per serving:
Serving Size: 1/16th of recipe, Calories: 120, Calories from Fat: 0, Total Fat: 0g, Saturated Fat: 0g, Trans Fat: 0g, Cholesterol: 0mg, Sodium: 10mg, Total Carbohydrate: 27g, Dietary Fiber: 1g, Sugars: 19g, Protein: 1g