Pinto Beans in Spicy Tomato Sauce
- o 2 lbs dried pinto beans, sorted and rinsed
- To cook the beans
- o 1/8 cup kosher salt
- o 1/2 tablespoon black pepper
- o 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- o 1 tablespoon onion powder
- For the sauce
- o 1 (29 ounce) cans tomato sauce
- o 3 tablespoons chili powder
- o 1 teaspoon garlic
- o 1 teaspoon onion powder
• Prep Time: 8 hrs
• Total Time: 10 hrs
• Yield: 10-12 cups
1. Sort and rinse beans to remove bad beans, rocks and dirt.
2. Soak overnight or between 6-8 hours.
3. Drain and rinse soaked beans.
4. Add enough water to cover beans for cooking and add salt, pepper, garlic powder and onion powder. Cook until tender, approximately 2 hours.
5. When cooked, drain water from beans.
6. Add tomato sauce, chili powder, garlic powder and onion powder.
7. Heat through to meld flavors.
8. Cool and freeze 2 cups of beans in sauce in quart bags.
You'll also love
- Creamy Tomato Tortellini Soup 4.5/5 (872 Votes)
- Cracker Barrel Homemade Chicken &... 4.5/5 (812 Votes)
- Blood Orange Upside Down Cake 4.5/5 (738 Votes)
- Crock Pot Beef & Broccoli 4.5/5 (489 Votes)
- Creamy Tomato Tortellini Soup 4.5/5 (451 Votes)
- Penne Pasta with Sun Dried Tomato... 4.5/5 (356 Votes)
- Minestrone Soup 4.4/5 (148 Votes)
- Tuscan White Bean Salad with... 4.4/5 (128 Votes)