Werther's Original Caramel Apple Tart
By Nicole S
- 1 sheet frozen ready-to-bake puff pastry, defrosted
- 3 medium Granny Smith apples, peeled and cored
- 2 tbsp. butter
- 1/4 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1/2 pkg (4.5 oz. or 14 pieces) Werther‘s Original Baking Caramels, unwrapped
Preparation time 10mins
Cooking time 30mins
1. Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
2. Lay the puff pastry on a parchment paper lined sheet pan. If the pastry has creases in it, roll a rolling pin over it to flatten it out slightly. Cut a large disk from the pastry (it will be about 9 – 10 inch in diameter) using a dinner plate for a pattern. Prick the surface all over with a fork, well.
3. Bake for 15 to 20 minutes till golden brown on top. Set aside.
4. Meanwhile, cut each apple into 8 wedges. Heat butter in a large skillet over medium heat. Add apples and cook, stirring
occasionally 10 minutes or until apples begin to soften. Reduce heat to low and cook an additional 5 minutes or until apples are cooked through. Remove apples from skillet and set aside.
5. Add the cinnamon and caramels to skillet and melt over low heat, stirring frequently for 5 minutes. Return apples to skillet and fold them into the melted caramel.
6. Spoon the warm apple mixture over cooked pastry. Tart is best when served the same day.