- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves (about 1 1/4 pounds).
- 1 tsp dried oregano leaves
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1/4 tsp ground red pepper (cayenne)
- 1 tbs butter
- 1 medium green pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 medium onion, thinly sliced
- 1 cup sliced mushrooms (4 ounces)
- 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
Sprpay 12-inch nonstick skillet with cooking spray; heat over medium heat. Sprinkle both sides of chicken with oregano, salt, garlic powder, pepper, and red pepper. Cook in skillet 8 to 10 minutes, turning once, until juice is no longer pink when centers of thickest pieces are cut. Remove chicken from skillet; keep warm.
Melt butter in skillet over medium heat. Cook bell pepper and onion in butter about five minutes, stirring occasionally until crisp-tender. Stir in mushrooms. Cook 3 to 5 minutes, stirring occasionally, until vegetables are tender.
Place chicken in skillet; spoon vegetables over chicken. Sprinkle cheeses over chicken and vegetables; remove from heat. Cover and let stand until cheese is melted.