Better Than TGI Friday’s Jack Daniel’s Bacon Cheeseburger
(You will find thing's you do not find here, there) Follow or friend me on Facebook for even more recipe's,etc: https://www.facebook.com/carilynn71 ♥Delish Dish♥ at Facebook Groups https://www.facebook.com/groups/Creates/ ♥Delish Dish♥ at Tumblr http://delishdishs.tumblr.com/
- For 5 big burgers:
- 5 fresh burger buns (your favorite)
- 2 and 1/2 lbs. ground chuck
- 2 large cloves fresh garlic, minced
- 1 shot Jack Daniels whiskey
- 1 Tablespoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 lb good quality bacon, fried until crispy
- 1 large sweet onion, sliced
- 5 thick slices of a large ripe tomato
- sliced, extra sharp cheddar cheese
- sweet pickle chips
- a little mayonnaise
- Jack Daniel’s Glaze:
- (makes approximately 2 cups)
- 1 cup dark brown sugar
- 1/2 cup Jack Daniel’s whiskey
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 1 heaping Tablespoon steak sauce (such as Heinz 57)
- 1 heaping Tablespoon Sriracha hot sauce (or your favorite)
- 3 teaspoons apple cider vinegar
- 2 teaspoons bacon drippings
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon chipotle powder
- a pinch of cayenne pepper
Adapted from chindeep.com
For 5 big burgers:
Combine the ground chuck, minced garlic, black pepper and shot of Jack Daniels until evenly mixed. Form into 5 large patties with a little divet in the center. Place patties on a plate and cover with plastic wrap. Place in refrigerator until ready to grill.
Fry the bacon until crispy. Remove bacon and set aside on a paper towel-lined plate. Remove all but 2 Tablespoons of the bacon grease from the skillet. Fry the onion in the remaining 2 Tablespoons bacon grease over medium heat until slightly caramelized and sticky. Remove onion from heat.
Jack Daniel’s Glaze:
Combine all glaze ingredients in a medium size saucepan. Simmer until slightly thickened over medium-low heat for about 5 minutes. Stirring frequently with a wire whisk.
Grill burgers over charcoal until done to your liking.
To assemble: Spread a little mayonnaise on each half of burger bun. Place grilled burger on bottom half of burger bun. Top with some of the fried onion, cheese, lettuce, tomato, pickle chips, bacon and Jack Daniel’s glaze.