- 1 stick buttr, softened
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1 baguette, cut into 16 slices
- 4 large ripe tomatoes, chopped
- 8 fresh basil leaves, torn into small pieces
- 1/2 cup EVOO
- 1 tsp flat leaf Italian parsley, chopped
- 1/4 cup, plus 2 Tbsp grated Romano cheese
- freshly ground black pepper
Adapted from foodnetwork.com
In a bowl, combine butter, garlic powder, and garlic. Blend with a wooden spoon. Cut the baguette into 16 slices. With a knife, spread both sides of bread with garlic and butter mixture. Place buttered bread slices on a baking sheet.
In a bowl, combine tomatoes, basil, olive oil, parsley, 1/4 cup Romano cheese, freshly ground pepper and salt to taste.
Place bread under broiler for 1 minute on each side or until lightly toasted. Arrange grilled bread on a serving platter and spoon tomato mixture over top, dividing mixture evenly among the slices of bread. Sprinkle with remaining 2 Tbsp of Romano cheese and serve.