- 4 cups thinly sliced potatoes
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 dash cayenne pepper
- 1 cup grated sharp cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup grated cheese, to sprinkle on top
Preparation time 15mins
Adapted from southern.food.com
In a small sauce pan, melt butter and blend in flour.
Let sit for a minute.
Add all of cold milk, stirring with a whisk.
Season with salt and cayenne.
Cook sauce on low until smooth and boiling, stirring occasionally with a whisk.
Reduce heat and stir in cheese.
Place a half of the sliced potatoes in a lightly greased one quart casserole dish.
Pour half of cheese sauce over potatoes.
Repeat with second layer of potatoes and cheese sauce.
Sprinkle the remaining cheese on top.
Top with some paprika for color.
Bake uncovered for about 1 hour at 350°F.
You'll also love
- The Absolute BEST Crockpot Beef... 4.8/5 (4 Votes)
- Asparagus with Curry Dip 4.8/5 (4 Votes)
- Shrimp with Pesto Cream Sauce 4.8/5 (4 Votes)
- Chicken and Chickpea Chili 4.8/5 (4 Votes)
- Amazing Scallops 4.8/5 (4 Votes)
- Lemon Chicken with Lemon Garlic... 4.8/5 (4 Votes)
- Slow Cooker Scalloped Pineapple 4.6/5 (27 Votes)
- Gwen's Old-Fashioned Potato-Beef... 4.8/5 (4 Votes)