Thai Noodle and Vegetable Salad
A popular salad to serve as part of an Asian meal or an accompaniment to gilled fish or meat or serve for a lunch or light dinner.
- 6 oz rice stick noodles
- 2 tbsp each Hoisin sauce and rice vinegar
- 2 tbsp each sesame oil and soya sauce
- 2 tbsp lime juice
- 2 large cloves garlic crushed
- 1 1/2 tsp finely grated fresh ginger root
- 8 ox sliced fresh mushrooms (white or crimini)
- 1 cup julienned sweet red pepper
- 1 cup julienned snow peas
- 1 cup purchased pre-shredded carrot
- 2 green onions, diagonally sliced
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh cilantro leaves
Preparation time 25mins
Cooking time 27mins
In a large bowl soak noodles in hot water for 20 minutes, drain and cook in boiling water for 2 minutes, drain well and place in large bowl.
Meanwhile in a measuring cup or jar with lid combine Hoisin sauce, rice vinegar, sesame oil, soya sauce, lime juice, garlic and gingerroot, stir or shake to blend well. Pour half of the dressing over drained cooked noodles. Toss mushrooms, peppers, peas, carrot, onions and cilantro and remaining dressing with noodles. Serve at room temperature or chill until the next day. Garnish as desired when serving.
Substitute 1 cup prepared Asian dressing and 2 tbsp lime juice and 2 tbsp soya sauce for dressing above.
Substitute whole wheat linguine or fetuccine for rice noodles and cook according to package directions.
Calories 288, Sodium 633 mg, Protein 5.3 gr, Fat 7.8 gr, Carbohydrates 50.2 g Dietary Fibre 4.2 g