CRUSTLESS TURKEY PIE
- 1 cup sweet onion, chopped
- 1 cup celery, finely diced
- 2 medium Granny Smith apples, peeled, cored and diced
- 24 oz. leftover turkey or can use chicken, cut in small bite sized pieces
- 2 cups cooked rice
- 1/2 tsp. curry powder
- 1/4 tsp. black pepper
- 1 can cream of celery or cream of chicken soup
- 1 can chicken broth
- 1/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
In a sauté pan, cook onion, celery, and apples until tender by barely covering them with a small amount of water. Cook on medium heat until water is reduced and onions are transparent.
Add cooked turkey or chicken, cooked rice and seasonings.
Stir soup into mixture.
Turn into large pie plate, shallow casserole dish that has been prepared with cooking spray.
Cover and bake for 20 to 25 minutes. Remove cover and sprinkle with cheese. Continue to bake for another 5 minutes or until cheese melts.