Rice and Easy Casserole
Goya Rice recipe
- 2 tbsp. butter, divided
- 1 box (8 oz.) GOYA® Yellow Rice
- 1 tbsp. GOYA® Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 small yellow onion, finely chopped (about 1/2 cup)
- 1/2 tsp. cayenne pepper
- 1 pkg. (8 oz.) frozen chopped spinach, thawed and drained
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 4 1/2 cups shredded sharp cheddar cheese, divided
- 1 tsp. dried basil
- 1 tsp. finely chopped fresh parsley
- 1 tsp. dried thyme
1. Heat oven to 350ºF. Grease 9"x13" casserole dish with 1 tbsp. butter; set aside. Cook rice according to package directions; set aside.
2. Heat remaining butter and oil in large skillet over medium-high heat. Add onions, sprinkle with cayenne pepper and cook until translucent, stirring occasionally, about 5 minutes. Add spinach; cook until heated through, about 5 minutes more; set aside.
3. In a large bowl, whisk together the eggs and the milk until well blended. Stir in 4 cups cheese, basil, parsley, thyme, reserved rice and reserved spinach mixture until combined. Pour rice mixture into prepared casserole dish; sprinkle with remaining cheese. Bake, uncovered, until cheese melts and begins to bubble, about 30 minutes.