- 4 cups of rolled oats
- 4 cups instant oats
- 1/2 cup almonds, unroasted, unsalted
- 1/2 cup cashews, unroasted, unsalted
- 1/4 cup sesame seeds, unroasted, unsalted
- 1/4 cup of canola or coconut oil
- 3 tbsp. honey
• Large mixing bowl
• small saucepan
• baking pan about 2 inches deep
• parchment paper
1. Preheat oven to 275 Degrees Fahrenheit.
2. Pour the oil into the saucepan, then the honey.
3. Heat saucepan on low flame for 1 minute, just enough for the honey to mix in well with the oil.
4. In the large mixing bowl, place all the other ingredients.
5. Pour honey/oil mixture over the oats and nuts. Mix well.
6. Place parchment paper inside baking pan.
7. Pour the oat mix into the baking pan and spread it out evenly.
8. Place in the oven for 60-75 minutes, stirring occasionally.
9. You'll know the granola is ready when the almonds and cashews are toasty and crunchy. When done, remove from oven and let cool.
Store your granola in an airtight container at room temperature. It can last for up to a month, but I highly doubt there will be any left by then.