Country White Bread
- 2 pkgs (1/4 oz each) active dry yeast
- 2 cups warm water (110 to 115 degrees)
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 tsp salt
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 6 1/2 to 7 cups all purpose flour
1. In a large bowl, dissolve yeast in water. Add the sugar, salt, eggs, oil and 3 cups of flour; beat until smooth. Stir in enough remaining flour to form a soft dough.
2. Turn onto a floured surface; knead until smooth and elastic, about 6-8 minutes. Place in a greased bowl, turning once to grease top. Cover and let rise in a warm place until doubled, about 1 hour.
3. Punch dough down. Divide in half and shape into loaves. Place in 2 greased 9 x 5 inch loaf pans. Cover and let rise until doubled, about 1 hour.
4. Bake at 375 degrees for 25-30 minutes or until golden brown. Remove from pans to cool on wire racks.