Strawberry Nut Cream
Oh She Glows had a recipe for a raw layered taco bowl that called for nut cream. She had this recipe at the end as a potential use for the remaining nut cream.
- Cashew or Macadamia cream: (yield: 1 heaping cup)
- 1 cup macadamia (or cashew) nuts, soaked in water for 2-8 hours
- 11-12 tbsp water (use as needed to achieve desired consistency)
- 2-3 tbsp fresh lemon juice, to taste
- fine grain sea salt, to taste (I used just over 1/4 tsp)
- 6-7 large strawberries
- 1/2 Tbsp almond butter
Adapted from ohsheglows.com
Nut cream: Drain and rinse the soaked nuts. Add them into a processor and process. Stream in about 1/2 cup water and a couple tbsp of lemon juice. Add more water as needed to achieve your desired consistency. The nut sauce should be super smooth and not grainy. Add salt to taste.
1. Add 6-7 large strawberries into a processor along with 1/4 cup nut cream and 1 tbsp pure maple syrup. Remove strawberry cream and store in the fridge in a sealed container for up to a few days.
2. I made Banana Soft Serve with the strawberry cream. I added 2 tbsp of the strawberry cream into the processor with a frozen and chopped banana and 1/2 tbsp almond butter.
3. Instant “Strawberries ‘n Cream” banana soft serve!
4. Serve with chopped strawberries in a mini parfait glass for a cold & creamy summer dessert.