Spanish Noodles with Shrimp and Peas
Toasted pasta takes the place of rice in this paella-like dish from Good Housekeeping magazine.
- 2 c. lower-sodium chicken or seafood stock
- 1 bottle(8 oz.) clam sauce
- 1 T. tomato paste
- 3 T. olive oil
- 12 oz. fideos or fidelini noodles, broken into 2-in. lengths
- 1 med. red pepper, thinly sliced
- 3 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 t. smoked paprika
- 1 c. frozen peas
- 1 lb. shelled, deveined shrimp
- 1/2 c. fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 lemon, cut into 6 wedges
Preparation time 20mins
Cooking time 35mins
Adapted from Good Housekeeping.com
In small, covered saucepan, heat stock and clam broth to simmering on med.-high. Whisk in tomato paste. Uncover and reduce heat to low.
In oven-safe 12 in. skillet, heat oil on med. until hot.
Add noodles; cook 3-5 minutes or until golden, stirring.
Add red pepper, garlic, 1/2 t. paprika, and 1/2 t. salt.
Cook 3 minutes, stirring.
Add broth mixture and peas.
Heat to boiling on high; reduce heat and simmer 15 minutes or until noodles absorb liquid and are tender.
Heat broiler on high.
Toss shrimp with 1/2 t. paprika.
Arrange over cooked noodles.
Broil 2-3 minutes or until shrimp are cooked thorough.
Garnish with parsley and lemon wedges.