Calico Ham and Bean Soup
- 1 Ib. dry bean mix, rinsed and drained with stones removed
- 6 cups water
- 2 cups cubed, cooked ham
- 1 cup chopped onions
- 1 cup chopped carrots
- 1 tsp. dried basil
- 1 tsp, dried oregano
- 3/4 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. pepper
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 tsp. liquid smoke (optional)
1. Combine bean and 6 cups water in a large saucepan. Bring to a boil, reduce heat, and simmer uncovered for 10 minutes. Drain, discarding cooking water, and rinse beans.
2. Combine all ingredients in slow cooker.
3. Cover. Cook on low 8-10 hours. Discard bay leaves before serving.