Southwest Frito Pie
- 2 lbs. lean ground beef
- 3 Tbsp. chili powder
- 2 Tbsp. all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- 2 cups water
- 1 can (15 oz.) pinto beans, rinsed & drained, optional
- 4 1/2 cups corn chips
- 2 cups shredded lettace
- 1 1/2 cups (6 oz.) shredded cheddar cheese
- 3/4 cup chopped tomatoes
- 6 Tbsp. finely chopped onion
- Sour cream and minced fresh cilantro, optional
1. In a Dutch oven, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Stir in chili powder, flour, salt and garlic powder until blended; gradually stir in water.
2. Add the beans, if desired. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer uncovered, for 12-15 minutes or until thickened, stirring occasionally.
3. To serve, divide chips among six serving bowls. Top with beef mixture, lettace, cheese, tomatoes and onion; garnish with sour cream and cilantro, if desired.