Crock Pot Pineapple Teriyaki Chicken
This is delicious and super easy. It was a definite crowd pleaser too.
- 4 each of chicken thighs and chicken legs, skin removed
- 1 small red onion, chopped
- 1 small green bell pepper, chopped
- 3 Tablespoons of brown sugar
- 1 1/2 Tablespoons of corstarch
- 1/4 cup + 2 Tablespoons of teriyaki sauce
- 1 - 6 ounce can of crushed pineapple with juices
- 1/2 teaspoon of garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon of ground ginger
Adapted from crockpotrecipeexchange.blogspot.com
Place the chicken thighs and legs in an even layer as possible in a 5 - 6 quart crock pot.
Evenly sprinkle the onions and peppers over the top of the chicken.
In a medium sized bowl combine the brown sugar and cornstarch with a fork. Add the remaining ingredients to the brown sugar/ cornstarch mixture and thoroughly mix. Pour the mixture over top of the chicken, onions and peppers in the crock pot.
Cook on low for 6 - 8 hours or on high for 3.5 - 4 hours. Serve with favorite steamed veggie and rice.