Warm Couscous, Beef and Avocado Salad
- o FOR THE DRESSING:
- o 14 ounces beef cutlets, thinly sliced
- o Olive oil, for brushing
- o Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- o 2 cups whole wheat or regular couscous
- o 1 1/2 cups organic chicken stock
- o 2 firm but ripe avocados
- o Cilantro leaves, for garnishing (optional)
- o Lettuce leaves, for serving
- o 1/2 cup olive oil
- o Grated zest of 1 lemon
- o 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- o 1 clove garlic, crushed
- o 1-2 fresh green chilies, finely choopped
- o 1/3 cup cilantro leaves, chopped
- o Sea salt, to taste
Lightly brush the steak with oil then season with salt. In a frying pan, quickly sear the steak over a high heat until browned on both sides, but still rare inside. Wrap in tinfoil and keep warm.
FOR THE DRESSING:
Combine the ingredients in a bowl and whisk together.
Stir the couscous into the boiling stock. Turn off the heat, cover tightly and leave for 5 to 10 minutes for the liquid to be absorbed. Fluff up using a fork then mix in a third of the dressing.
Slice the avocados then mix with another third of the dressing.
Thinly slice the steak and mix, together with any juices, with the remaining dressing.
Turn the hot, dressed couscous onto a platter. Spoon over the steak and avocado, then sprinkle with coriander leaves, if using.
Check seasoning then serve immediately alongside a few lettuce leaves.
Cook’;s tips: Use quinoa instead of couscous, if preferred, following the cooking instructions on the pack. Alternatively, wrap the marinated beef and avocado in warm soft tortillas.
You'll also love
- Mushroom Risotto with Caramelized... 4.5/5 (2 Votes)
- Merry Cherry Dessert 4.5/5 (2 Votes)
- SAUSAGE SPOON BREAD 4.5/5 (2 Votes)
- Cardamom Plum Cake 4.5/5 (2 Votes)
- Pork Chops with Coffee Dry Rub 4.5/5 (2 Votes)
- Hearty Beef Pot Roast a la Julia... 4.5/5 (2 Votes)
- ORIENTAL EXPRESS BEEF LETTUCE WRAP 4.5/5 (2 Votes)
- Homemade Chicken and Egg Noodles 4.5/5 (2 Votes)