Mediterranean Chopped Salad
- 1 medium cucumber , peeled, halved lengthwise, seeded, and cut into 1/2-inch dice (about 1 1/4 cups)
- 1 pint grape tomatoes , quartered (about 1 1/2 cups)
- Table salt
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 medium garlic clove , minced or pressed through garlic press (about 1 teaspoon)
- 1 (14-ounce) can chickpeas , drained and rinsed
- 1/2 cup chopped pitted kalamata olives
- 1/2 small minced red onion (about 1/4 cup)
- 1/2 cup roughly chopped fresh parsley
- 1 romaine heart , cut into 1/2-inch pieces (about 3 cups)
- 4 ounces feta cheese , crumbled (about 1 cup)
- Ground black pepper
1. Combine cucumber, tomatoes, and 1 teaspoon salt in colander set over bowl and let stand 15 minutes.
2. Whisk oil, vinegar, and garlic together in large bowl. Add drained cucumber and tomatoes, chickpeas, olives, onion, and parsley; toss and let stand at room temperature to blend flavors, 5 minutes.
3. Add romaine and feta; toss to combine. Season with salt and pepper and serve.