Gnocchi With Spicy Tomato And Wine Sauce
- 1 pound gnocchi (potato dumplings)
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 6 fresh garlic cloves
- 1/2 teaspoon chili flakes
- 1 cup dry white drinking wine
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 2 cans tomatoes - (14 1/2 oz ea)
- 1/2 stick sweet cream butter cut 1" cubes, and chilled
- 1/2 cup freshly-grated parmesan cheese
- Freshly-chopped basil to taste
- Salt to taste
- Freshly-crushed black pepper to taste
Sauce Preparation: Place the olive oil, garlic and chili flakes in a cold pan. On medium heat, stir and cook the olive oil, garlic, chili flakes until garlic turns slight golden brown. To this mixture, add the white wine and chicken broth. Simmer about 10 minutes. Reduce the wine and broth by half, add the tomatoes, and continue to simmer for 30 minutes. Puree the sauce in blender with the butter and Parmesan cheese. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
Pasta Preparation: Prepare pasta when sauce is complete. Use a large pot to boil pasta. Cook the pasta in salted boiling water until they float. (Approximately 3 minutes or 160 degree internal temperature.) Remove pasta from boiling water and lightly mix with sauce.
Plating Suggestion: Place sauced pasta on serving plate, top with Parmesan and Basil.
This recipe yields ?? servings.
Chef's Tip: Add Cream to sauce to add richness and/or add vegetables of choice to sauce and/or add sauteed chicken strips to sauce.
You'll also love
- Beef Monterey 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Loaded Potato Soup 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Mrs. Field's Triple-Layered Lemon... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Mad Hatter's Spinach Chicken Salad 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Macaroni Grill's Insalata... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Macaroni Grill's Balsamic... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Claim Jumper's Roma Tomato And... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Wildhorse Saloon's Smoked Tomato... 0/5 (0 Votes)