Chocolate Ricotta Pie
- 1 1/4 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 2 1/2 ounces melted butter
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1 pounds Ricotta
- 3/4 cup confectionary sugar
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 cup toasted almonds
- 1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 1/4 cups heavy cream
Crust: Mix all ingredients together well, shape inside 9-inch pie plate. Reserve and cool.
Filling: Combine ricotta, sugar, and extract in a bowl and set aside.
Combine the nuts and chocolate. Grind 1/3 at a time in an electric blender-do not grind too fine. Fold ingredients together and chill.
Whip heavy cream until stiff and fold into the ricotta and chocolate mix, half at a time. Spoon into the chilled crust and let sit overnight before serving.
This recipe yields 8 servings